In honor of Valentine's day
Here is a list of easy and inexpensive ways to show your significant other that you give a rat's ass. Some of you may want to bookmark this.
- Leave little notes around the house in unexpected places w/ sweet things written on them.
- Leave a comment on their myspace page.
- buy a card and write something sweet in it.
- buy a card for other members of the house who are incapable of buying their own cards (like say the children or pets) and write something sweet in it.
- make coupons for various chores and such ... or 'good for one hour long back rub' or 'good for one afternoon out w/o the children' etc.
- perhaps wake up early and go buy them their favorite coffee and bring it back to the house and wake them up w/ that and some breakfast.
- if you don't feel like getting up early to get the coffee, put two bucks in a card and write that it's to go get a cup of coffee, your treat.
- clean the house so that your significant other wakes up to a spotless living room and/or kitchen
- make heart shaped pancakes/muffins/cupcakes WHATEVER.
- make and pack their lunch for them.
- get up early with the kids and let them sleep in.
- spend 5 bucks and buy them flowers or something.
- buy them a gossip magazine and a coffee.
- insist that they take the morning off to go take a nice long bubble bath.
- don't wait until the last minute to buy a card. plan ahead and actually think about what you could do to make this day special for the one you love.
feel free to add on to this in the comments.