I have been a loyal MAC customer for a long time... going on almost 15 years now. Specifically, I have been loyal to their lipsticks, until recently, I rarely wore any other brand. I had a handful of different kinds rolling around in my lipstick drawer, but I rarely if ever actually wore them. I am super picky about the smell of my lipstick, and the feel of it. I am not a fan of high gloss or slick feeling lipstick. Nor do I care for lipstick that feels sticky or tacky.
MAC has been the only lipstick I can tolerate, or rather, the only lipstick I THOUGHT I could tolerate for a long time. I've recently tried some other drugstore brands and have been very pleasantly surprised at how wearable and non smelly they are... I'll be doing another post on those in the future.
But even though I'm exploring different brands, my heart will always belong to MAC. As you can see, I've been a pretty good customer:
|I have to admit though, I didn't realize I had so many until I started lining them up!|
* They last. Often times I only use one or two coats, and only reapply maybe once in a day.
* The pigmentation is amazing, and on the occasion when a shade is too dark, they blend with other colors very well.
* MAC has a program called Back To MAC where if you bring in six empty lipstick tubes, you get a free lipstick. At $15 a pop, these are not cheap, so it's nice to get a free one after a while. I've taken advantage of this program twice now.
* MAC has an excellent return policy... they want you satisfied! I've taken in tubes before and just didn't like the shade enough and they've exchanged it for another color with no problem. Love that.
* The smell. I am not a big fan of the scents in most cosmetics, but the MAC lipsticks have a very subtle scent that isn't overpowering and I don't smell it after the initial application. LOVE LOVE LOVE that!
Ok, now for the fun part, the shades! I own 15 of these, but that's a drop in the bucket. They have a ton of shades available in several different finishes. I tend to prefer the Satin (matte) finish, but I do own some of the other finishes as well.
First up, is my signature color, my most favorite shade and the one I wear most often (and it was one of the first two lipsticks I ever purchased from MAC):
My other signature color and the other of the first two lipsticks I ever purchased from MAC:
Another favorite shade I reach for all the time is:
Odyssey is another favorite of the moment. It's not a satin finish-though I so wish it was. It's a frost finish, and feels thinner than the satin finishes and slick like a gloss. I frequently will apply it, pat powder over it and then apply again to give it a more substantial feel. It's a frosty purple, ,and I bought it on a mission to try new colors and break out of my pinky brown box. It's described on the website as being a spiked up plum.
|Birds of a Feather|
That's it! That's all I have for today... though 15 shades is kind of a lot... I am reminded by a few (Fast Play and Birds of a Feather) why I liked them in the first place, so I'll try and wear them more often.
Do you like MAC lipstick? What's your favorite shade?