Monday, December 17, 2012

toesicles.

I was walking downtown the other day and saw this and fell in love... so pretty!

Swim Lessons
It is damn cold in this place.  It's always cold... except in the dead of summer when we feel like we live in Satan's armpit.  Then it's cold in the fall... but we don't necessarily notice how MOTHERFUCKING FRIGID it is in this house until the temp drops to right around freezing.


We live in a 980sq ft condo.  Our heating bill for this last month is $178 dollars.  For one month.  ONE.MONTH.  Ridonkulous.

Sitting here in my big ass bathrobe and slippers my fingers and toes are so cold they hurt.  And the thermostat is set at 74. And my nose is cold. The heating system works fine, but this place is drafty as hell and that's where the problem is.

Anyway, that's all I have.  That and I was going to share our standard recipe for rice in this house.   We eat a lot of rice as a side in our family, but we aren't big fans of plain rice.  I usually cook 3 cups water, and 1.5 cups of rice with 2 cubes of chicken bullion and 1/2 Tblspn of Johnny's Seasoning Salt. Lately I've been trying to cook less rice because we never finish it, and I've just been adjust the Johnny's down because the bullion is fine.  Too much Johnny's will ruin it quicker than you can believe.

Anyway, that's all I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment