Friday, December 07, 2012

Stunted

Man, what the hell did I write about in this blog for years anyway?  I feel like I have nothing to say.  It sucks.

The boys had swim tonight... first class that they've misbehaved.  They were splashing each other... some other little shit started it and they kept doing it and were scolded by the teacher a few times.  The other little shit also pushed another kid into the pool.  Awesome.  I half laughed when that happened though, at least it wasn't MY kid who did it.  They then acted like wild animals in the locker room and lost their snack afterward.  In fact we went home and Nolan went straight to bed, and seth followed very shortly after. 

This parenting gig is fucking hard sometimes.

Aaron and I made a pact on Sunday (after a SPECTACULARLY not so awesome day with the yelling) to not yell anymore.  We've done pretty good all week, I don't think either one of us really slipped up.  Our evenings sure have been pleasant this week, with the exception of tonight. 

Other than that, I hacked zippy tonight, and made him bendy and velcro-y.  He's now lounging in a bowl ful of marshmallows.

Do you have any idea how bad I wanted a marshmallow tonight?  I don't even like those fuckers.

Anyway, it's 11:15 and I need to get to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I started my blog more than 11 years ago, when my kids were little. A lot of the time I felt like I didn't have anything much to write about, so I just talked about what the day was like, little things they did, stuff like that. And now they're mostly grown up, and it's so fun to read back and remember what it was like then. Keep writing, you'll never regret having those memories to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logically I know this... hell I refer to this blog occasionally to see what the kids were doing, if I mentioned something happening... I love that I can look back and see what was happening in our lives, so I need to keep doing it!

      Delete

Leave a Comment