Saturday, April 07, 2012

Easter Eve

It was a positively GLORIOUS day today in Seattle... too bad I spent most of it running errands.  We got up this morning and Aaron left to help some friends move into their house.  The boys and I left to go to the gym.  I had a great workout and then got ready there and picked up the boys and we hit a couple stores at the Supermall, then Walmart.  We then headed to my parent's so the boys could participate in an easter egg hunt.  They had a good haul and got the good candy, usually it's the cheap gross stuff.

After that, I went grocery shopping and then came home.  By that time it was after 4pm.  I put all of the groceries away, put some laundry away, did two more loads, boiled 4 dozen eggs, cleaned out the boys' dressers of  clothes they have outgrown and then went to Target to finally get the Easter stuff, as I hadn't gotten anything yet.  I had the good fortune to run into a gal I used to work with, and we chatted for over an hour in the Easter section at Target. :)  I spent way too much money on Easter... seriously, wtf is my problem?  70 bucks for the two boys... RIDONKULOUS.  I only bought one or two things that were candy... a chocolate bunny and maybe something else, I don't remember.  We decided not to do much candy this year as the boys lose interest and Aaron and I feast on all those empty calories.  Instead they are each getting a movie, a transformer bot thing (I don't know wtf these things are), 2 hot wheels, fruit rollups, goldfish crackers, bubbles, star wars pencils and paper pads, and Hostess cupcakes.  72 bucks.  wtf.

Anyway, I think the Easter bunny will be mischevious and leave a note for the boys that sends them on a scavenger hunt of sorts to find their baskets.  I think they'll get a kick out of that.

Anyhoo.  I tried out a new app today for the couch to 5k program, and I liked it a lot better than the one I was already using.  I thought I'd give my thoughts on them here.

The one I've been using on and off for a while is called Ease into 5k.  My exercising in the past year has not been consistent and I would use it for a few days then not again for a month or more.  Anyway, I think they changed it at some point in the last 6 months... before, it followed the standard couch to 5k program that I was used to (I used Robert Ullrey's Couch to 5k Podcasts) and it was basically a 5 minute warm up, jog for 1 minute, walk for a minute and a half... repeated until the end with a 5 minute cool down.  Basically a 30 minute cycle.

Anyhoo, now it is different... varying runs/walks from 30 seconds to 45 seconds to a minute to a minute and a half... it was hard for me... too many starts and stops and not enough walking time in between sometimes.

Today I tried out Couch to 5k which works hand in hand with Active.com.  I really REALLY liked this app!  Has the same ability to run in the background (in case you want to read or check in on facebook or whatever) and play your own music.  BUT. The intervals are the ones I was used to from before.  Five minute warm up, 1 minute run, 1.5 minute walk ... lather, rinse repeat.  I didn't have to pause the treadmill at all today... whereas when I used the other app the other day I had to pause it several times because it was too much... even jogging slowly I was getting too out of breath.  This app also has gps capability and can tell you what your avg speed is.  Very nice!

I'll leave you with a few Sethy and Nolan-isms from today:

Seth: Mom, did you know God is good builder?
Me: I did know that.
Seth: Yeah cause he builded everything.  And he builded me!

Seth: dis is a movie fee-a-ter fing.
Aaron: It's a movie projector.
Seth: No, it's a movie fee-a-ter fing.

Me: Seth do you need some help with your capri-sun?
Nolan: mama, I'm helping him.
Me: Thanks buddy, I appreciate that.  That's very nice of you!
Nolan: well I'm a big brother... that's what we do.  We like to help the little people.

When I picked the kids up at the gym daycare after my workout and shower:
Me: Ok boys, it's time to go
Nolan: God what took you so long? Hey did you take a shower?
Me; Yes
Nolan: huh.  You look kinda beautiful.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment