Monday, November 07, 2011

Spins.

So yeah, did I mention that I've had this dizziness thing going on for a while now?  It kind of sucks. About three weeks ago I woke up and before I even got out of bed I realized the room was spinning.  It was so strange.  After it went away (a few seconds later), I got up and immediately realized that my balance was missing.  I had to grab a wall and hold on for a few seconds.  I spent the day slightly to moderately dizzy... unable to get in to my doctor I left work early and went home to sleep.  The next day it was better, but ever since then, any time I lay down, or lean my head back too much or stand up quickly I get dizzy. I have done a disgusting amount of googling and I'm pretty sure it's vertigo, I am going to see about getting in to the doc soon.  It's getting to be pretty annoying.

Add to that my left eye twitching 24/7 and you can see why I am starting to get a bit tired of it all... If I'm not dizzy, my damn eye is twitching and vice versa.  GAH.

The prompt for today:

Making family time is important to me. How do you balance your children, relationship, and work life?

I think we struggle with balance a lot in our house.  Sadly, Aaron and I and our relationship sort of end up taking a back seat to the kids, work, chores, etc.  Aaron and I operate as a team and we get a lot accomplished, but there are still times where things come out horribly lop sided... where we'll go months without having had a date night or spending any time together.  Recently we started making Sunday nights our 'date night' at home.  During the week we alternate days to pick what to watch on TV... I get odds and he gets evens... this alone has solved so much of the stupid conflict we were having.  We don't watch the same stuff and I would want to watch my cheesy reality show and he would want to watch his BORING car show and we would bicker and one of us would get annoyed and so on and so on.

So we started alternating nights and bam! No more conflict.  So simple.  No more bickering, no more annoyances (regarding the tv anyway) and now on Sunday nights we pick a movie together and watch it together.

As for work, luckily I work a 9-5 and can leave it there for the most part.  Sometimes I bring some of the stress home with me, and sometimes I work overtime, but it really isn't bad.  The only thing I would change is if I could work earlier hours since I have to be up early anyway. 

anyhoo, that's all for me tonight.

I just started the book 'The Help' today and I can't put it down!  It's got me hooked, I highly recommend it.

655679289103_0_ALB Asa. Good Lord I miss that cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment