Monday, April 04, 2011

First Day Back!

Today was my first day back at work... just 4 days short of being gone for a month, boy was I glad to go back! I had a ton of emails to go through and am feeling a tad overwhelmed at what lies ahead of me to be completed, but I don't plan on being out anytime soon, so bring it on! It was also great to see my work family, I have missed them all. They welcomed me back in a very warm way, and my energy levels stayed up and I didn't feel exhausted at all. Very happy! In fact, I think my energy levels in general have improved... even as I'm only recuperating, it is amazing to me how much better I feel than how I felt even when I thought I was well a month and a half ago. I seriously think that after I had the pneumonia back in January, even though I continued to maintain and go about my daily business with a few colds etc in between, I was wearing down. I am SO glad that I was admitted to the hospital and treated when I was. I truly cannot believe the improvement. In other news, did anyone hear the This American Life episode last week? It was about the drug courts in Georgia, actually... one specific drug court run by one specific judge. It was downright appalling... APPALLING! And I'm a jaded civil servant who often thinks the system is too soft on people who commit crimes. If you click on that link, you can listen to the episode from the webpage, but if you want to buy it, it's a dollar. Great show, but seriously disturbing. Anyhoo, I am on my own tonight as Aaron went to see Red State and hear the Q & A session with Kevin Smith. He got pretty good seats too! I am looking forward to hearing how it went. I'll leave you with some pics of the Hank kitteh.


I can't decide if he's more robot kitteh or handsum boy kitteh here.


He only sits with Aaron and Sethy. fucker. But I'M THE ONE who gives him bits of feta and cheddar and whatever else I'm eating if he shows interest. Ingrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment