Sunday, March 27, 2011

First Two Days Home

It's Sunday night, Aaron and I are watching the Roast of Donald Trump. Funnier than I thought it would be.

The boys have been completely jacked up crazy wild since we got home Friday night. Part of the problem I think is that we haven't been home as a family all at once for 3 weeks. Then add in that we've been kind of cooped up due to rain all weekend. Yesterday, Aaron and my brother in law Seth spent much of the day/night at a UFC event in Seattle... My best friend Holly and her boyfriend Wili (also Aaron's best friend) came over and spent a lot of that time hanging out. It was my first day home alone with the boys, and I wanted help in case I needed it. It was nice to chill out together, the boys loved playing with Uncle Wili.

But I have to say, I spent way too much time yelling at the boys. Man, I don't know if it's the fact that I'm cranky because I'm still not functioning at 100%, and I get out of breath easy or if it's that I haven't been in mom status for about 3 weeks... but the constant bickering, giggling, shrieking, tattling, running etc. Has DRIVEN ME BATSHIT FUCKING CRAZY all weekend. Today was better, but I am hoping that the next week helps me find my groove again. I hate being a yeller.

I am off for one more week before I go back to work, tommorrow I am planning on keeping Sethy home. He has been super weepy all weekend, and I know he's got a touch of a cold (Nolan has the real deal, as does Aaron) I think he just needs some mama time. So after we take Nolan to school, we'll hang out together and have some one on one time.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but my task for the week is improving my stamina when walking and moving about, as well as resting in between. The doc had a point when he said that the battle for me would not be sitting at my desk doing my job, but it would be the trek from home to the train station to the bus to work and back. I think for the first week that I'm back I'll just drive in and pay the $15 a day to park in my building.

I'm really looking forward to going back to work and seeing all of my peeps, and getting back into the swing of things. I'll have been out a month when I go back... that to me is just CRAZY.

This entry is just a bunch of rambling isn't it?

Anyway, I should also mention that a neighbor brought dinner over for us on Friday, a home made stroganoff, green beans and chocolate cake. Then tonight, another neighbor brought us kfc, and a big thing of cookies. So thoughtful!

Alright, that's all I've got for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment