Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summatime

Man... SOMEONE starts kindergarten in 9 days... NINE DAYS! I just can't believe it. I am definitely having anxiety over the whole transition into schoolagedom. I don't do well with transitions in general, add in the fact that this involves my child and bam. Freak out city.

I am sure it will go fine... I know it will. I'm just anxious, as I always am when I am not in control.

In other news, I finally hung up a bunch of pictures in our hallway... I've had portraits of the boys sitting in envelopes since they were taken ... clear back to babyhood. I hung up a total of 34 8x10's and 5x7s today. I have scrap books to put the others into, but it was nice to get the pictures up and framed and on the wall. My mom gave me a giant box of frames when they moved back in what... February? Anyway, I am feeling quite accomplished, and that box is finally out of our room, Hooray!

So Tommorrow will be a week since Asa died. Tonight I had my first moment where I forgot he wasn't here anymore. I picked up a fresh roll of toilet paper off the floor in the bathroom and thought "ooh, I better pick that up before Asa shreds it"... then realized that there wouldn't be anymore of that (unless Maisie develops a fetish for toilet paper and paper towel rolls). Kind of sad, but I think I've gotten over the hump. I spent the better part of last week disolving into tears whenever I would think of him or the previous few days/weeks. I miss my acey-pie, but I'm at peace with it.

Now as for the summertime haps...

P1020161
We went to The Kirkland Classic Car Show in July, and it was awesome. It's a HUGE event, and there's a fair going on at the same time (Kirkland Uncorked), so there are booths and food vendors. It was awesome.

P1020163

P1020166

P1020169

P1020172
Aaron bonding with the boys

P1020177

P1020180
I'm sure the boys playing choo-choo train (complete with loud, shrill 'CHOO CHOO"s) totally upped Aaron's street cred.

P1020182
I heart this car.

P1020186

P1020204

P1020205

P1020218

P1020219
I just love him. ♥ ♥

P1020230
Uncorked is held near this Marina area... I don't know the area AT ALL. My point is, it was really cute to see this mama duck with all of these little ducklings.

P1020231

P1020233
Always looking for a dose of humility, we stopped into starbucks for a cool drink with the boys.

P1020235
Mr. Red teeth loved his lollipop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment