Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sweet Angel Child has become Argumentative Sassy Mouth

Not that I didn’t expect it of course, I mean, we ARE on the cusp of his third birthday. As I recall, the third birthday marked a particularly large growth of the devil horns in Nolan. We’ve been treating his sassy mouth with time outs and reprimands etc. It seems more like he’s trying to feel out his limits.

But then we have the arguing. And by the way, HE IS RIGHT. If you attempt to correct him, he gets pissed and yells and insists that you are wrong. Example: last night I was reading him the little alphabet book and showing him what letters are what, and blah blah blah. It went a little something like this:

Me: A is for Apple
Seth: No, not apple, is fruit.
Me: Apple is the name of the fruit.
Seth: NO! NOT APPLE! IS FRUIT!!!
Me: ok then, B is for Butterfly
Seth: No not butterfly, is buggy.
Me: ok, B can be for buggy, but the buggy’s name is butterfly.
Seth: No, is buggy. Not butterfly.
Me: C is for cat
Seth: No, not cat, is KITTYcat.
Me: Well kittycat and cat are the same thing! (totally trying to make him see how cool it is that a cat and kittycat can be the same thing)
Seth: No! not cat, is KITTYCAT!
Me: D is for dog.
Seth: No! not dog, is PUPPYDOG!
Me: oh for the love of God, let’s go watch tv.

Here are some old pics from the beginning of August when we went to Wenatchee for Jessica and Kevin's wedding! (There are more pictures, probably to be spread out over 3-4 entries.)


SDC14948
Chilling out in our hotel room, the boys were pretty enthralled in the beds and tv and the 'view' of the railroad tracks from our window.

SDC14949
Best thing we did: brought a backpack full of toys and books. Saved our asses BIG TIME.

SDC14954
In line for a pre-rehearsal starbucks... it was a bazillion degrees and I was in dire need of caffeine.

SDC14955
The wedding was at Ohme Gardens and though it was literally just on the outskirts of town, in town we were sweating and miserable, and because of the location of this place ... think shady, cliffside, etc... it was breezy and so nice. A good 10 degrees cooler I would guess. Plus, it was gorgeous. Lots of paths like this to explore.

SDC14958
discussing wedding preperations before the rehearsal... girl in green is the bride to be. I've known her since the third grade. THIRD GRADE! The guy on the right is her ex boyfriend from high school... I've known him since I was 15, he was the man of honor. He helped plan her wedding, and he did a fantastic job.

SDC14961
I thought snacks might bribe him into being cooperative... I was wrong.

SDC14970
Rehearsing

SDC14977
Seth flirting with the bride

SDC14978
They had nametags at the rehearsal dinner, and the boys wanted one, and then promptly decided they DIDN'T want one. Aaron agreed to hold on to them.

SDC14984
thank goodness for remembering to put movies on our iphones. This helped when the boys were totally wily and bored and not making good choices.

SDC14985
This lovely lady with me is Cathy. (Or as the boys called her Miss Cassie)... I've known her since 7th grade, she was the maid of honor and she got the (un)lucky privelege of bunking in with us at the hotel. It was great though, I haven't spent time with her like that in years, and it was the first time she really got to see my boys. And they were totally enthralled with her.

SDC14986
Jess and I

SDC14993
God bless Aaron, he really took up most of the parenting duties that weekend, allowing me to participate in the wedding, and socialize with old friends. He was awesome, and I had a fabulous time, which I couldn't have had without him.

SDC14999
Troy and his mom Debra, it was so great catching up with them as well.

SDC15000
The funny thing is, I've never though he looked like his mom until I saw this picture and then I was like OH MY GAWD HE LOOKS LIKE HIS MOM! Funny what perspective pictures can give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment