Monday, May 18, 2009

Simply Fabulous

We had a really good weekend. One of those rare weekends, where you don't get much done, but actually relaxed and enjoyed yourself... and it didn't speed by too fast. Those are a rarity these days.

Friday night we took the boys to the park, it was pretty warm out and I wanted them to run off some energy before bedtime. The ice cream man came, and Aaron bought them each a fudgesicle/cicle? (too lazy to look it up.) They thought that was the coolest thing ever. I had to help Nolan hold his though because he pretty much flips out as soon as the ice cream starts to drip down on his hands.

After that we went to Walmart (Seth's favorite destination btw, "wanna go wullmo mom.") Picked up a few necessities and splurged to let the boys each get a new truck. Nolan picked a semi truck from the 'Cars' line, and Seth picked a regular pickup truck that came w/ a kayak and a little man and oar. I was kind of surprised that he didn't go for a beloved 'Cars' themed one, but he seems to prefer the regular cars nowdays. I also snatched up a few extras to stow away for Nolan's birthday, as well as a Lightning McQueen hat. When we got home I gave the boys a very late dinner and then we all went to bed.

Saturday morning we chilled out and watched movies, then met up with my friend Jennifer for her daughter's 2nd birthday party. I cannot even tell you how wonderful it was to see my boys be so well behaved. They exceeded each and every expectation, hope, and dream I had for their behavior. No fits, no running off, no getting into the presents, no touching the cupcakes... no attitude, no spitting, no crazy maniacal laughter followed by typical toddler shenanigans... it was great. It was awesome. And I kept telling Nolan what a great job he did by listening and following directions. It was so cool.

They went down for a late nap, and upon waking both were a little bit 'tudinal'... and we nixed our plans to take them to the beach and instead hung out in the parking lot of our condo. We spent at least 2 hours outside... blowing bubbles, playing with sidewalk chalk and riding bikes. Aaron even broke out our bikes and pumped them up... I'm sad to admit that they haven't been ridden in over 4 years... since before I was pregnant with Nolan! Shame! The kids thought it was pretty cool to see Mom and Dad on bikes.

Also, how great is it that they can blow their own godforsaken bubbles now?! I mean, while it makes me sad to see them getting so big sometimes, it is actually really cool to see them do stuff like that... for one, I really hate blowing bubbles. I dont' know why, but I do. Maybe it's the constant wailing of "gimme!" and "let me try!" followed by the meltdowns when they couldn't get the bubbles to come out... in any case, it was great to see them succeed at that, and it kept them busy for quite a while.

When we came back inside Nolan declare that he wanted cereal for dinner. So cereal it was. Who am I to begrudge him? I also gave him some hardboiled eggs as well.

Sunday morning I walked the hill we live on... it's 1.3 miles from the top to the bottom, and it is STEEP. Like so steep that it took me THREE times as long to go up it as it did to go down. So steep that I kept having to stop when my heart rate soared up into the 180s because I thought I was going to pass out. So steep that I have blisters on my feet in weird spots because I guess I'm not used to walking on them for extended periods of time. So steep that my thighs and ass HURT today... but in a good way.

Sunday afternoon we went down to my sister's house. It was pretty dang hot out, and the boys got to play with Lucas in the sprinkler... Seth didn't much want to, and Lukey got kind of wet, but Nolan was absolutely soaked. He is like me in that way, my little water baby. My sister took me down to David's Bridal to try on a few bridesmaid dresses (I'm going to be in my friend's wedding in August) and hoo boy if that wasn't humbling. That was the reason that today I got my sore ass and blistered toes up on the treadmill for a run. And I did pretty good. I have like 83 days or something to be in that dress, so I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch.

And on that note, I am out of here. :)

IMG_0024

IMG_0034

IMG_0037

IMG_0040

IMG_0042

IMG_0044

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment