Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why I haven't blogged

I have been uber busy as of late... here is a list of what's been going on in bullet points:

• I turned 32 on Saturday
• Seth was sent home from daycare Thursday afternoon w/ diarrhea… and told he couldn’t come back for 24 hours.
• Which meant that I stayed home on Friday.
• I elected to keep Nolan home with us, as he said “I wanna stay with you mommy” when asked.
• I will likely not do that again.
• I spent much of the day Friday in a horrible mood, barking at the kids and dealing with a tantrumming, angry, mean, volatile 3 year old.
• Which made me feel both like a completely ineffective parent and a failure. And also, enraged.
• Friday night I stopped at the store on our way to my sister’s house, and grabbed a six pack of blue moon ale.
• After only 1, I was happy and relaxed and not mad at the world anymore.
• After 2 I was downright cheerful.
• We celebrated my birthday with my parents on Friday night.
• My mom made my great grandma’s famous (at least to us) applesauce cake. She sent the leftovers home with us.
• I may have only eaten the parts w/ the frosting for breakfast the next morning.
• I got a lot of really cool baking/decorating stuff … I’m branching out into new territory here… fondant! But I am determined to find a fondant recipe that actually tastes good.
• I got my hair cut and colored on Saturday morning.
• Aaron’s mom came over to watch the boys on Saturday night so we could go out. We had dinner at Red Robin and then went to the Mandarin for some Karaoke fun.
• I had a really good time.
• Aaron got me a carrot cake from Costco – which was a big hit at the party to everyone except my sister… who still attempted to eat it, but made faces like we were trying to poison her. (She doesn’t like anything w/ lumps in it.)
• The carrot cake had a picture of a princess on it. I loved it 
• Sunday I woke up feeling pretty good considering all the libations from the night before.
• We didn’t put together the easter baskets and such until naptime, so when the boys got up from nap they were told that the easter bunny had been there.
• Did I mention that I had told Nolan we were going to Lukey’s house after nap, and the boy refused to nap? Stayed in his crib and whined for an hour.
• When we got the boys up, Seth was groggy and not totally into it, and Nolan found 2 eggs… and when I say ‘found’ I mean it in the loosest sense of the word… we didn’t really hide them, more like set them out in different spots on the floor and chairs.
• He also didn’t want his chocolate bunny… the horror! Aaron and I ate it.
• We then went to my sister’s for easter dinner… my mom had fallen the night before and thought she had broken her ankle. She spent the day in my dad’s manual wheelchair and eventually retired from hosting early, as she needed to lay down.
• Nolan and Luke emptied the entire diaper pail of dirty diapers into Luke’s toybox.
• I almost had an aneurysm.
• Shortly after dinner we left and the boys fought and whined and got toys taken away from them on the way home. They screamed and cried the whole way home.
• Nolan spit at us again. He was sentenced to early bedtime.
• I worked overtime yesterday.
• I am working overtime today.
• Last night Seth bit the hell out of Nolan’s back. He was sentenced to early bedtime.
• Our house looks like a dirty bomb of plastic easter eggs has gone off in it.
• I left my heating pad on today and am praying and hoping that the condo doesn’t catch on fire.
• I am tired.


IMG_9777

IMG_9778
Adrian, the Birthday Boy!

IMG_9764
How do I get this thing on?

IMG_9762

IMG_9763

IMG_9772

IMG_9773

IMG_9771
Daddy lent a hand w/ the tricky hat

IMG_9770

IMG_9769

IMG_9766
this one cracks me up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment