Tuesday, March 24, 2009

*Yawn*

I am ex.haus.ted. For serious. I am still sick... haven't been updating because when not laying on the couch in a nyquil haze I am coughing up a lung and/or trying to eek out some housework or get myself to my actual work.

I am feeling better, but still sick. And today, sooo tired. Of course, I might not be so tired except that last night went like this:

5:30 p.m. Get home. Start dinner (Pizza casserole) and deal with a very whiny, very beside himself Nolan. Also: finish up laundry, cough up lung.

6:30 p.m. Eat dinner. Fight w/ Nolan to sit in his damn seat or leave the table. (Seriously, when does this end? The need to fricken test EVERY.SINGLE.RULE.WE.HAVE.) Bait the kids w/ chocolate pudding to actually eat some of their dinner.

6:50 p.m. Cough up another lung. Change a nasty diaper, give kids a bath/shower.

7:00 p.m. Get Seth dressed in jammies, assist Nolan in some toileting duties. Stifle a serious urge to vomit. Force him to wash his hands, attempt to brush his teeth and stifle the need to laugh... to laugh so very bad when he freaks out at the toothpaste... and begins waving his arms around and jumping up and down... like an angry naked sprite. I then finish getting him in his jammies.

7:00-7:30 p.m. Watch Caillou rather peacefully w/ kids.

7:30 p.m. - Upon announcing that it's bed time, Nolan (as per usual) get's a 2nd wind and begins ripping around the house, running laps and then announces that he needs to pee. He farts around and we get annoyed and he finally goes. I take some Nyquil and go to bed.

8:00 p.m. - I get up for whatever reason and Notice that the kids' bedroom door is open. I ask Aaron about it and he says that Nolan 'Needs to poop.' Awesome. Aaron finishes up w/ Nolan and I hear him tell the boys that they need to lay down and go to sleep, that it's nigh-night time and if he has to come back in, that Seth will have to go lay down in mommy and daddy's room. (This is something we have to do every so often ... as when they are without an audience they are much more likely to lay down and go to sleep... also, Nolan detests this and never wants this to happen.)

8:20ish p.m. - The boys are still up and screwing around, getting louder by the minute. Aaron goes in and takes Seth out. I bring Seth into bed w/ me, and Nolan proceeds to lose his shit. Seth lays down and I fall in and out of sleep under the effects of the Nyquil. I wake every time he talks to me.

8:50ish p.m. - Seth tells me "I brown poop mama." lovely. I call for Aaron and he takes Seth back to their room and finds Nolan sitting on the changing table w/ the bedroom light on. He sends Nolan back to bed and changes Seth's diaper. He puts them back to bed and closes the door. The screwing around continues, but does not seem (to me at least) as loud.

9:30 p.m. - I hear banging. Banging and laughing and I am so tired I wonder how THE HELL ARE THEY STILL AWAKE?! The next banging I hear sounds like it's their door. I call for Aaron and say "what the hell is that banging?" He goes into their room and I hear "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR BEDS?" (BedS being the key word)... I get up and go to their room. They have pulled all of the drawers out of the 7 or 8 drawer caddy and emptied the contents onto the floor. The floor is littered w/ socks, underwear, bandaids, qtips.... you name it. And both boys ... yes BOTH boys were out of their cribs. AWESOMENESS. (Nolan is still in a crib, and will NOT be in a bed until he is in his own room... hopefully this summer (if we can get our butts in gear and get this place ready to get on the market))... but Seth has never climbed out of his crib. We got the kids back in bed, I told Aaron I would clean up the mess tommorrow (today) because it's going to take some sorting and such. And we finally got them to just lay down and GO.TO.SLEEP.

This morning they were absolute bears to deal w/. So tonight I forsee them beginning their nights sleeping apart. How we will accomplish that, I don't know.

update on the bite:

It looks tons better, still some slight bruising, but he is fine. I did put a call into our pediatrician's office and they said to keep washing it, and if it looks worse, come in. As for the daycare, I spoke w/ the teachers and they weren't sure why my cell wasn't called. Ultimately I didn't put up a big fuss. Realistically this is going to happen. Obviously if it happens again I will want him seperated from that child, but he wasn't bitten by a 6 year old or even a dog... he was bitten by another toddler, and I am not thrilled by it, but what can you do. I guess I am just glad it's not my kid that's the one that doing the biting.

Here are some pics from Aaron's Bday dinner earlier this month:

IMG_9258
It's always fun to humiliate the birthday boy!

IMG_9274
Don't know what Nolan was doing; maybe he had brain freeze?

IMG_9273

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment