Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lordy.

So yeah. My car. Still not working, as there just aren't enough hours in the day for it to get fixed during the week. I think we've decided now too, that we are going to sell it as is and get a newer car. ... and for the first time something that may require a monthly car payment.

If you know me, you know that this freaks me out. Longterm commitments that concern money scare the bejeezus out of me. So if you happen to see me and I'm covered in hives and mumbling nonsensical things about interest rates and full coverage insurance... well, you know why.

We don't want to spend more than about $6 -7K on a vehicle... so luckily it's not that big of a payment, especially w/ cash down. But it scares me nonetheless. Especially because we want to try to get into a house this year and out of that teeny tiny condo. Ok, it's not teeny tiny, but man, it sure feels like it is! We have some improvements that need to be done before we even consider putting it on the market, so first we need to triumph over laziness, second we need to get a storage unit and clean that place OUT. I want it to look as big as possible. If we could swing it I'd like to just rent an apartment and leave it empty, but financially, I don't know if that's going to be possible.

Aaron is going to fix his jeep this weekend, and then hopefully it will be reliable enough to get him to and from work for a little while. Until we find a car that is. I don't particularly care what it is... my requirements are that it be big enough to accommodate another carseat; if we should so desire to have another child (that decision will likely be made in the next few years), must have good gas mileage, must be a four door, and that's about it. Wish us luck :)

mama and seth
Seth and I on Christmas Eve at my Aunt's house

Brandon aka rudolph
My little cousin Brandon

heh?
Lukey

cheese!
Nolan and I

lick lick lick
all is well when he has a 'yaw pawp'

IMG_8059
Uncle Seth tackled Nolan for some tickles

IMG_8066

new jammies
Aaron got new Jammies from me

impressed
This picture tickles me... he was thrilled at his stocking stuff... all cars stuff of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment