Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Quiz

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Hmmm... I got my certification to be a legal assistant and got a permanent position at my office. I participated in my first trial team win.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't recall making any, and I don't plan to make any this year. Though in GENERAL, I would like to yell at my kids less, lose weight, get healthy, and fit into my old pants.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not anyone superclose like family... but I had some friends/extended family have babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Aaron's grandma passed away last month.

5. What countries did you visit? The good ol' U.S. of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? a yard, more square footage... a waistline.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nothing really stands out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my job.

9. What was your biggest failure? losing weight. and likewise gaining weight over the holidays.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing major.

11. What was the best thing you bought? hmmm... the twilight books. I say they were the best thing because they provided me with hours of entertainment. Still do, as I am still reading many fanfics!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I have to say Mr. Nolan's! We've seen an overall improvement in behavior (though we are still working on it) and he's fully potty trained!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Employees of a local county. Can't say who. Can't say why.

14. Where did most of your money go? daycare. mortgage. the usual.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Twilight Movie and the New Kids on the Block concert.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Single by NKOTB and Disturbia by Rihanna (or as the kids call it 'sturvia'.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder probably.
b) thinner or fatter? sadly, fatter.
c) richer or poorer? richer theoretically.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? More outside time with the boys in the summer. More outings and I wish we'd actually gone biking.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? eating.

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas eve at my aunt's, spent the night at my mom's and hooked up with Aaron's family the weekend before.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes. With Edward.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Probably John and Kate Plus 8. It's an addiction.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. But I loathe Sarah Palin, and I didn't know of her at this time last year. And there are a few people personally I would like to hit with my car or see fall of the face of the earth (and many of them I haven't even officially met!)

24. What was the best book you read? Twilight. New Moon. and ECLIPSE. ahhh I loved eclipse.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? that NKOTB sang the song 'Single' ... and probably Carrie Underwood. I never liked her because of the 'Idol' factor, but I like her first album.

26. What did you want and get? my job.

27. What did you want and not get? to my goal weight.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? probably.... Four Christmases... I don't really remember any of the other movies I saw besides Twilight, and um, no.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31, and I cannot remember for the life of me what we did. I think we may have gone to Red Robin for dinner, but I have no idea.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have lost the weight. blah blah blah.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I don't know... I bought new jeans. First time in 3 years... I think basically my personal fashion concept would be 'wear what fits.'

32. What kept you sane? coffee.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Any one of the New Kids and of course Robert Pattinson.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The presidential race of course.

35. Who did you miss? my grandma. my grandpa. my other grandma.

36. Who was the best new person you met? not sure.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. that life is precious and temporary.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. coming up with a big fat blank here.

IMG_77231

IMG_7807
spin tire, spin

IMG_7809
aaron tries to get his dingbat wife's car unstuck

IMG_7811

IMG_7816

IMG_7822

IMG_7823

IMG_7840

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment