Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Edible Playdough

So I decided to do something different and made some edible playdough (ala John and Kate Plus Eight)... the recipe is equal parts of honey, peanut butter, and powdered milk, then add flour for texture.

um yeah. I ended up adding quite a bit of flour as I didn't want it so dang wet, and then gave it to the boys to play with. I had visions of it lasting a little while... I set out cookie cutters and plastic knives and such. It lasted less than 5 minutes. that's right. Less.than.five.minutes.

AND I had several pieces that were flung through the air and landed in spots that I still have not found. Both boys were scolded and put in time out... fucking a... when does the food/stuff flinging age finally come? I am SO TIRED of them throwing food! When they do, meal time is over... you think they'd catch on.

Anyhoo, here are some pics from the first minute and a half or so of the experience... it was yummy too. They both ate a bite or two (I didn't tell them it was edible, Seth just likes to investigate, lol) and I tried it as well. Reminded me of peanut butter balls.

IMG_6813

IMG_6815

IMG_6816

IMG_6817

IMG_6818

IMG_6819

IMG_6823

IMG_6826

IMG_6828

IMG_6829

IMG_6832

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment