Tuesday, October 07, 2008

So Much to Say

So yeah, it's been a while since I did an actual entry. I don't have time to do entries very often anymore... I used to do all my entries at work when I worked before I had Nolan, then I made it a habit to just do it at home, but it has once again become a pain in the ass to do it at home. So that's why the lags in updates.

So let's see... Sethy turned two recently, and appropriately, he rung in his second birthday with a monster fit on our way out to the car in the morning. Complete with running from me, hitting me and then dropping to the ground when I tried to pick him up like a 30 pound noodle. It was awesome.

He's also talking up a storm and has decided that I'm his best friend and he must be touching me at all times. Most evenings when I get home I must pick him up as soon as I walk in the door or listen to him scream for what seems like an eternity if I don't. Tonight I picked him up, but when I put him down so I could make dinner he proceeded to wail and cry and throw his william at me. *sigh*

Speaking of dinner, I have to say it was really good. I made boneless porkchops... I breaded them with breadcrumbs and then browned them in olive oil. Once they were browned I added a packet of golden onion soup mix (and 2 cups of water) and let them simmer for a while (basically until it was cooked through). I also made rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, grilled onions (for me) and reduced fat crescent rolls. It was a nice dinner on such a cold and wet night.

Anyhoo, here are some pics from sethy's birthday. It was supposed to be at a nearby park, but it was raining and cold... major suckage. So we moved it to our condo, and though many people had to sit on the floor it was a good time.


Nolan was very excited for Seth's party... when he came into the living room after his nap and saw the streamers and balloons he said "OH MY GOD!" heh.

what the house looked like at 8am
How the living room looked at 8am the morning of the party. Hurricanes Nolan and Seth had turned it upside down.


Let's get this party started!


Nolan seems to like the movie Home Alone... though once the robbers start coming after Kevin he wants me to turn it off.




The theme for his party was 'C is for cookie'... this would be my lame attempt at a birthday decoration. I couldn't find any cookie monster themed things.






the cupcakes



chocolate boy
Within a minute or so of me not paying attention he'd removed his pants and stolen a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment