Thursday, August 07, 2008

Simplifying

I am huge on simplifying... I like my life to be as simple and as problem free as possible. I parent my kids with that sort of mind set (though, to be clear, they don't get away with stuff and are not 'enabled' to be assholes because i can't be bothered... rather, I pick my battles), I approach work situations that way, and of course my personal relationships.

Since having the boys and going back to school though, I feel like I've been a shitty friend. I have several people in my life who I used to be closer to, and I feel them slipping away, and I dont' really know what to do about it. I've cut people out who were a drain on my life, my time, my sanity etc, and life has been better because of it. I've kept those who I can relate to close to me, because it seems we have more in common and are able to touch base more often. But between work, commuting, the kids, etc. I have let the other people in my life... who are just as important to me... sort of fall to the wayside. I am trying to remedy that, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I am trying to make it a priority to email or call more often. To set up lunch/dinner get togethers and to just be involved one way or another.

It's weird how it's harder to keep people in your life, than to remove them.







sip

bust a move
Let's twist again... like we did last summer...

hmmm... I think he's confused
Perhaps we'll pursue baseball...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment