Saturday, January 26, 2008

My apologies...

If you happened to be in the Kent Red Robin tonight around 6:00 p.m. and were bothered by some family and their little heathens. I assure you, that was our last meal out for a long time.

Our trip to Red Robin tonight was not our best. Things went fine at first. We were seated, we ordered, we kept the boys busy... then the food came. Aaron and I were eager to try the new 'Garlic Parmesan Fries'... mine were fine, but his... well his were sitting in about an inch of oil from the fryer. NOT KIDDING. When we pointed this out to the waitress (who did NOT receive much of a tip) she said "huh. So do you want regular fries then?" I said "No, I am sure he wants the same kind of fries, just some that aren't sitting in a lake of oil" and I pointed to the basket. She said "yeah I see that." then she picked them up and left. Fast forward FIFTEEN minutes and we FINALLY get Aaron's fries back, and she brings regular ones. She says "They put the order up and it looked just like the old one so I brought you regular fries instead." ... uh gee thanks. Aaron at that point didn't care because the boys' behavior had deteriorated to the point that I actually spanked Nolan's ass right there in the restaurant.

Yes. I am that mother. BELIEVE me... it was not my finest parenting moment, but considering what I really wanted to do at that moment... well, he's lucky all he got was a swift swat on the tush. He was screaming... not in anger or anything just screaming to be a 2 year old. Every time we asked him to stop, he would do it louder and laugh. Then came the throwing of the stuff at the table. Not exactly throwing... sort of flailing his arms with the intention of making everything within arm's reach go flying.

Cue my blood pressure going through the roof. We told him to knock it off, he did it again. By this time, Aaron's 'regular' fries had just come to the table, and Seth and I were done eating. Nolan did it again, and laughed when reprimanded, Aaron held his arms down at his sides. He continued to laugh and scream and then yell in anger when he realized he was being held down. Aaron let his arms go and he flung his basket of food across the table toward Seth.

I was done. I had Aaron put him over next to me and I spanked his butt once and made him sit next to me and told him "DO.NOT.TOUCH.THE.TABLE.OR.I.WILL.SPANK.YOU.AGAIN." He just looked at me and smiled and said "Time out?" Luckily Aaron was done at that point so we packed up and left.

He continued his assholey behavior by refusing to hold my hand and dropped to the ground as if he were in combat in the parking lot. I picked him up and carried him to the car. When we were in the car he threw a hot wheel and it hit me in the back of the head.

I was so MOTHEREFFING done at that point I let Aaron handle it. When it gets to the point where I want to retaliate... well, I need to step back. And I'm just going to leave it at that.

But seriously. Age 2 is suck city. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become "that" mother who inappropriately disciplined their kids in public. *sigh* We don't even normally spank him, but NOTHING was working... I am so not planning a dinner out as a family again for a loooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment