Monday, December 03, 2007

Seriously, I had some green beans too, but primarily I had a lot of oatmeal butterscotch cookie dough and probably 3-4 cookies too. ugh. I feel gross now. I haven't eaten much today anyway, but it wouldn't matter...

My normally 20 minute long commute to school took an hour and 20 minutes this morning, the rain was coming down like the skies had opened up all day long. When I finally got to school (almost an hour late), I did ok... but then I had to leave to go to work... still raining, traffic still sucked and I had to walk a total of about 7 blocks in the pouring down rain, wading through areas that had over 6" of standing water (luckily someone had placed pallets on the sidewalk so you could try and hop from one to the other, it was AWESOME when they would slide because they were floating before my heavy ass hopped on). I catch my bus and ride into the city, get off the bus and make my way uphill to the t. building... it has an underground tunnel that connects to my building. I get inside, go to the salad bar for a salad, get upstairs and walk all the way down the DAMN tunnel and the elevator is freakin' closed.

So I go all the way back outside, walk uphill another block and get inside. By the time I get to my desk I am sweaty, and my hair is a frizzy mess from being under my hood, and I am just done. Work goes pretty smooth, and my boss lets us all leave early due to the weather (severe flooding in several areas around us), and I am happy. I can't take the tunnel down to the other building because it's STILL closed and so I start walking down the steep hill towards my bus stop (about 5 blocks away) and about half way down I fall. And skin my knee pretty bad. It was one of those times where you are blinking back tears because of both pain and embarassment. AWESOME.

I make it down to the bus stop at a snail's pace (as I am PETRIFIED of falling again and my knee is burning so bad I just want to strip off my pants and cry), get back to my bus stop at my car, play leap frog on the pallets once again, and get to my car.

The drive home was uneventful (thankfully), but slow. I decided to make cookies for the charity bake sale at work, and proceed to ruin 2 batches... don't get me started on that. And while dh is bathing the kids, Nolan decides it's an awesome time to take a massive shit. And then of course FREAKS out because of said shit floating in the water next to him. I quickly bathe Nolan in the sink while Aaron fishes out the offensive material and rids the tub of toys (currently taking an antibacterial soak), and then I spend another 20 minutes disinfecting the kitchen sink and bathtub.

and my knee still hurts.

So yes. I can justify those cookies for dinner. Although, I would feel a little less guilty if I was planning on going to the gym tonight. I had planned on it, but my little triple lutz stunt today nipped that idea in the bud... I hope to get back tommorrow. I did workout this morning and will try again tommorrow morning... I hope my knee will be a little less raw and sore tommorrow.

Anyhoo, here are some pics from around the ranch lately...

Flannel Jammies
I could eat him up in those jammies

Such concentration

having fun

they have the same face
they have the same face

finished!
Finished!

a tisket a tasket
My little man, I LOVE this sweater!

finished tree
The tree... I inherited this from my Grandpa when my Grandma passed away... I think my favorite thing about the tree is the little bits of tinsel still caught on some of the branches from Christmases at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

new table set up
Our new table, courtesy of Aaron's uncle, it is much nicer than our old table, and the chairs are sturdier too.

hives
I don't know if you can see it here very well, but Nolan's been breaking out in hives randomly since Thanksgiving... actually, now that I think about it, it's been a day or two since I noticed any on him, but here he had some on his face.

pasketti face 2
spaghetti face... I want to bite him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment