Monday, November 12, 2007

Nerd Parties and sick kids.

So, the kids are sick. Again. It's freakin' AWESOME. Stomach flu - rotavirus like thing. *sigh* skip down a paragraph if you don't want the gory details...

They both have had diahrrea since Friday, including nasty diaper rash. Nolan vomited sometime Saturday night, and mother of the year that I am, I didn't hear him (HOW I don't know.. I must've been exhausted as I wasn't feeling well either) and when I went in to get him Sunday morning, he had caked vomit on his jammies/hair etc. And caked on diahrrea on the inside of his jammies... it had pooled in one of the feet of his jammies, all over his chest, under his armpit... I can't even wrap my mind around how the heck he managed that.

Add to all of that that my poor little Sethy has been averaging a temp of 103+ for the past 48 hours, and has been lethargic and listless and cranky... Neither child is eating much and today started coughing so off to the doc we went. He pronounced it a virus, and recommended lots of fluids and rest and motrin and tylenol for the little guy. He upped the dosage of motrin for seth (I had been giving him infants dosing)and apparently that made a huge difference, as he fed himself for the first time in 3 days. (cold milk and cheerios) He seriously has done nothing but lay on me, the couch, the floor or aaron, or in his crib. He wouldn't play or anything, even when we had the fever under control, so here's hoping tommorrow brings my little happy man back.

Oh, and when we tried to weigh Nolan, he FREAKED... it was shades of Ben and the bath (Kitty cat Ben... when you hold him and walk by a sink he clings to your neck and buries his face in your neck) Nolan did the same thing, except also cried "ove you! ove you!" Other than that he did great. For some reason though when I told him we were going to go see Dr. Dong, he kept saying "docker No-an" (dr. nolan) and we would correct him and he'd still say it, too funny.

I came down w/ the stomach virus yesterday and omg, thank you LORD that Aaron was home and not sick... I don't know what I would've done... I was totally incapable of getting off the couch for most of the day and ended up sleeping until about 4pm... once I got up then I felt almost 100% better.

Here are sethy and I yesterday looking PATHETIC... (cell phone pics)

sickies

sickies2

And friday night, before I got this head cold (oh yeah, head cold + stomach issues = so much fun.) we had a nerd party. How do you have a nerd party you ask?

Put two nerds directly in front of the big screen and the xbox...

nerd party 2
note that they both have headsets on... they are in touching distance, but still need their headsets to communicate, heh. Lori and I made fun of them, and then off we went...

nerd party 1
To go hang out in the bedroom and surf the net on the laptops and watch 'Say Yes to the Dress'... heh, nerd parties are fun! (I was a bad host though and fell asleep around 11 pm... in my defense I was not feeling so good, but still, it was fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment