Monday, October 01, 2007

Cue Ulcer Stomach-ache... stage left

I start my new job today. It would have been nice to have a restful night of sleep followed by an even easier morning, but it was not meant to be. So far...

1. I spilt an entire mug of coffee down the side of the bed... causing me to have to strip the bed at 5:30 this morning and put the bedding in the wash.

2. Nolan had an epic tantrum from the time he woke up at 6:45 am until we got into the car at 7:20 am... and I really wish I hadn't lost it a few times and screamed at him (mother of the year here).

3. I am so tired. I don't know why but I am utterly exhausted, and thus have been exceedingly clumsy today. I have dropped my purse three times and the contents have spilled out twice.

4. Sethy's teacher is sick today and the little to no english speaking sub is in his room... Van is a nice lady and in the past has taken excellent care of Nolan, however, I tried to explain that seth doesn't sit well in a chair yet and is not good w/ sippies and/or feeding himself and I got the blank doe eyed smiling nod in response. I spoke to the receptionist before I left and she assured me that Van is fantastic. When I dropped Nolan off in his room his teacher basically told me I should be worried. *sigh* She said that while Seth will be taken care of, it is likely that she didn't understand me. AWESOME.

5. When I left the daycare center, seth was in the window sobbing.

But I am wearing a cute new top and having a good face/hair day, so I am holding out hope that the rest of the day turns out swimmingly. And Nolan went off happily to play with his friends, so at least I know he's going to do fine.

Mornings like this do NOTHING for my confidence though... ultimately it will be good for seth to get used to other people and to sharpen his survival skills... well, that last part I am kidding... sort of. I can't think about it anymore or my stomach will hurt worse... I just need to get through today. He will be fine, it's not a torture chamber, it's a daycare.

Right?

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

11 month shot attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment