Tuesday, September 04, 2007

*yawn*

So where the hell did Labor Day weekend go? That was quick. We spent the entire day yesterday painting the kitchen. I seem to forget how much a pain in the ass painting is until I'm about 1/2 way through a project. Ugh. We got the walls done (navy blue) and are about 1/2 way done with the cupboards... they are being painted white... then we have to add hardware, all new silver hinges and installing silver drawer and cabinet pulls. fun fun fun. Lots of touch ups are needed, and I can't do the trim or the edges yet because I don't want to put tape on the new wall paint yet. I got up with Aaron this morning and put the kitchen back together before the boys got up...

Speaking of the boys, Nolan is counting right now, lol... lining his monster trucks up on the floor and saying 'fi fi sick... fi fi sick seh... fi fi sick seh eight!' He astounds me on a daily basis... has started getting the concept of colors and pointed out my pink shirt this morning. He has been recognizing the color purple for a few weeks now and points out 'hurple' stuff all the time... and I told him the walls were blue this morning while we were in the kitchen and he keeps going to the doorway and pointing to the walls in there and saying 'BOOO!'.

Seth is still inching around the floor, but with warp speed. He is now pulling up on stuff and into EVERYTHING. He was not a busy boy before he got mobile, it's like he's realized the world is his oyster now that he can get from point a to point b. We are going to the doctor this morning because I think he's got ANOTHER ear infection... not so sure, but the signs are there. The only sign that isn't there is that he hasn't had a cold, but he is irritable, not finishing his bottles and has been pulling at his ear. So we'll see.

We took the kids to the lake near our house over the weekend... in the 2+ years that we've lived here we've never gone there... I don't know why, it's a nice big open space, a small beach, the water was apparently warm (according to Aaron, I didn't get in)... anyway, we had a lot of fun. The parking SUCKS ASS... for such a big park there is virtually no parking and it's on a highway, so no street parking either. wtf.

Anyhoo, I will share pics from the lake later, here are some older pics from a few weeks ago when we went to Julia's birthday party. It was nolan's first experience with a sprinkler park.

here are the first part of the pictures:

daddy and sethy

he didn't want to let go of my hand at first
He didn't want to let go of my hand at first

glee
But still thought it was pretty cool

daddy and seth in the background

studly

my happy little man

fun!

where is it?

deep breath, it's cold!

the kid w/ the zinc oxide on his face

happy guy

wet shorts

cool

It was worth the hour plus drive...

touch the water

so much fun

love this shot

Is it raining?

mid run

sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment