Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Happy Friday

Anyone watching Celebrity Rap Superstar? I have to say I love me some Perez Hilton (minus the oompa loompa hair thought)... that guy kills me... sometimes he sucks so bad... but he owns it and that makes it awesome.

Today is payday so we are off to costco tonight to pick up the essentials, I need to get the stuff for Sethy's birthday party... yikes, I cannot BELIEVE it's next weekend! School is back on starting Monday, so I need to get my car cleaned out (all my school stuff is piled/scattered in my trunk), and I also need to get a handle on the laundry and such before Monday. I'm almost there, but not quite.

Anyhoo, Alicia over at Tattoos and Drool posted this interview meme, and I wanted to participate, here is how it works: Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don’t have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are my questions from Alicia:


1. What is one thing you said you'd never do as a parent, but changed your opinion on once you actually had kids?

hmmm... there have been a few. I swore we would never buy him a happy meal, but he has had a few in his lifetime, it's not a weekly occurrence and not a monthly occurrence... but he has had a few. I also swore I'd never be one of those parents who would 'pick my battles', I just knew my kids would know I meant business and would act right. Yeah. Nolan pretty much squashed that theory. He basically defied all of my parenting theories, and not only do I pick my battles, but I actually try to compromise *gasp*! If I didn't it would be an exercise in insanity. I am hopeful as he gets older it will get easier... it seems to have gotten a bit easier so far, so we'll see.

2. You're stranded on a desert island with a computer. Unfortunately for complicated technical reasons you wouldn't understand you can only have access to one website. Ever. Which one do you chose?

I was going to say PerezHilton.com but I think in reality it would have to be Myspace... it would be the only way to keep in touch with my friends and family.

3. What inspired you to start blogging? Do you share your blog with friends and family? Why or why not?

I started blogging after my dad had a stroke, a good friend of mine set me up a blog on his own personal website... after I got into it I bought my own domain and moved it there. It's been about... 6 years or so I think that i've had this blog. yikes. I think all of my friends and family know about the site, some read, some don't and some just come to look at the pictures :) It is kind of a drawback sometimes, when I want to be bitchy and vent... but it keeps me honest, and really... I don't need to slam people when I'm angry. It's counter productive.

4. I have to know, after having two babies so close together, will you be having any more, or has it scarred you for life? (I'm totally scarred, no more babies for me.) And also, what's something about having two kids close together that really rocks? (I need hope for the future, lol!)

In my heart I know that I want one more. Aaron I think does not... though he has mentioned that if we were guaranteed a girl he would say ok. I think at this point, I want to lose weight, get healthy... and get us situated before we cross that bridge. I'd like to wait until the boys are out of diapers, and until I have that total urge to have another... I'm not there yet. Although I was looking at old pictures of Sethy last night (uploading them into a new flickr set) and started getting that 'awwwwwww' feeling. So we may end up with three... we'll just have to see.

as for what rocks about them being so close in age... well I love love love it when they are kind to each other and play together... it's rare right now, usually we are playing interference on Seth's behalf, as Nolan gets a bit too rambunctious for Seth's liking. However, the other night I totally got the warm fuzzies when I was putting them to bed. Nolan's new thing is holding onto the crib rail and jumping up and down and Seth was trying to copy him (not getting near as much air as his big brother, but jumping nonetheless, lol) and it was so sweet. They were both sort of yelling with glee and jumping and laughing and it was the first real glimpse I've had of them sort of being big kids and brothers... I can't wait to see more of that kind of stuff.

5. What kind of high school student were you? Were you popular? What "group" were you part of? Are you happy with your high school experience or are there things you would change? (Okay, so that's like four questions.)

I wasn't popular... but I always had friends. I was kind of geeky, but not completely... I was a good student and I looooved me some high school. I wish I could go back and do it over with more confidence, and not worry what people thought of me. I was terribly shy, but overall I had a great experience.

that was fun :)

put down the camera and SWING me!
put down the camera and SWING me!

on the down swing

he loves to swing

big boy shoes

on a mission

sad boy

pretty boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment