Thursday, July 19, 2007

Update

So yeah. The endo was able to drill out my tooth in the back that was causing me such pain... left it open and prescribed me some cephalexin. I am happy to report that I am feeling MUCH better, and have an appt to go back on August 1st to see if we can knock out the rest of that root canal.

At my appt last night they completed a root canal on a different tooth... which was thrilling let me tell you. I need to get into my regular doc to see about getting a crown done, because one side of the tooth is ground down to the gum... I have a nub of a tooth in my mouth. Luckily, it's the inside part of the tooth that basically disintegrated, it looks normal on the outside. That would be CLASSAY.

They did mention general anasthesia to me yesterday, but it's like $1500 bucks out of pocket. I just do not have that lying around and I'm not that keen on it anyway. They did say they'd talk to my insurance company, but seeing as how they only cover $1k in dental costs per year... and I have two crowns and two root canals in the bag for this year... I'm basically maxed out. So for now, we are just going to continue to try and treat it and wait and see. Eventually they should be able to complete the root canal.

Though last night I was ready to yank the fucker out myself. I woke up at 2:30a.m. in an INSANE amount of pain from that tooth... my mouth in general was sore, but that tooth... I couldn't even sit still. Let alone go back to sleep. So I got up and took 4 advil and a vicodin for good measure and proceeded to clean the junk drawer in the kitchen and the bread box (which seems to accumulate more shit in it than anywhere else in the house). An hour later I was getting that lovely woozy feeling and went back to bed. When I got up this morning I was already late for school and decided "eh, screw it." and stayed home.

I have been productive though, cleaned the boys' closet, reorganized a bunch of stuff, did some laundry and did 3 miles on the treadmill. So it hasn't been a total loss. I also plan to clean the bathroom when the boys are in the bath later.

anyhoo, that's all the rambling I'll do for now, how about some pics...












Sethy has an ear fetish



see?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment