Friday, April 06, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!


So Monday I start back at school. Not to obtain my teaching license as originally planned, but rather to attend a year long class on becoming a legal secretary. Why the change? In a nutshell, Sethy sort of changed the path I was on... I was clinging to the idea that I would still be a teacher, but then I got pregnant and realized that I would have to wait until September 2007 to even begin the last two years of my schooling... and then I would have to take x amount of schooling thereafter to even KEEP my job. Not to mention the long hours doing group study etc. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do... I knew I wanted a 9 to 5 job, something that was more business like, more money and something that would be more up to me if I wanted to bring my work home w/ me.

My sister was doing a program at a local school for legal assisting and the more I heard about it, the more I liked the sound of it. As an intern she made more than I would likely make as a teacher. So I decided to go for it. In the past few weeks we've been ironing out the details... I was blessed and a grant is paying for my schooling and nolan's childcare. Seth will be able to go there when he is 1 year old and walking. I will have about a month off this summer as well which I am very happy about.

Aaron is still on nights right now, so the plan is that I will take nolan w/ me to school and drop him off at the daycare around 7am. (school is from 8-2:30), and when Aaron leaves for work around 12:30 he'll take sethy over to my sister's house and I'll pick him up around 3. We were going to have Aaron keep nolan home two days a week so he can see him, but I think we'll wait a week or two on that because I want nolan to get into the rhythm and get used to going to 'school'. Aaron thinks it's a good idea to let him get integrated there first too.

When Aaron goes back on to day shift, I am hoping Lori will be able to take sethy all day, if not I have other options I will explore... it all depends on when that happens. Which does not look to be anytime soon.

So yeah... I'm excited. I'm worried too of course, this is a big change for us... but I am looking forward to it. I am excited for Nolan as well... I think he is getting BORED at home. I hope he likes it... I think he will, and if he doesn't well... he won't be the first kid to not like it.

Anyhoo, so that's what's going on. How about some pics...



Lucas



Mama and Nolan



couldn't you just eat him up?



His thumb is tasty don'tcha know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment