Monday, March 19, 2007

My sister is my hero.

It's kinda funny, because lori always wrote 'Lori is my Hero' on my stuff when we were kids. But she really lived up to that sentence this weekend... after 36+ hours of labor and much of it not pretty... she was diagnosed w/ pre-eclampsia and had to be induced... between the contractions and the headache and starving and the contractions... she was just absolutely miserable. Add in some scarily high blood pressure... dropping way way way too low, to low heartrates for the baby and a failure to progress, and you can see why they chose to just give her a c-section. This evening when I saw her though she said she was 'in heaven'... too bad she had to go through 36 hours of hell to get there.

But she was brave, she was strong and she didn't bitch about it... she truly was inspirational.

And now it is my pleasure to announce the arrival of Lucas John! Born this morning (not too sure on the time, sometime between 9:30 and 10am... 5lbs 5oz and 18.5" long ... he's a peanut!










It's so strange when you are used to newborns who are 8+ lbs... holding one that is so small is an entirely different kind of animal. He is so little and perfect and sweet... even his cry is sweet. Almost makes me want a newborn again. Almost, lol.

I will get better pictures when I go up to the hospital tommorrow w/ Aaron... he hasn't met his Godson yet, and I was flying solo w/ both boys today and Nolan was having a hard time. Lori is in the same room I was in when I had sethy... I think Nolan remembers because every time he walks into her room he completely loses his shit. This afternoon was the worst. So needless to say I am feeling a little apprehensive about taking him back there tommorrow, but what do I do... my regular babysitter is the one who just had a baby :)

anyway, that's all for now... I am just so glad that Lori is finally feeling better and that both she and Lucas are healthy. Yay!!!!!!!!! I'm an auntie!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment