Monday, January 22, 2007

*yawn*

It's 9:31 already... man time flies. Have I mentioned that Aaron is working nights right now? well, swing shift I guess. Have I mentioned that I MOTHERFUCKING HATE IT? Well I do. A lot. it's a lot of work in the evening to fly solo here, and man do I miss his help. I also don't handle transition very well, so it's been a test of my sanity in getting from pre-jammies to bath to jammies to bed. That's a lot of transition in about a 2.5 hour time frame. And it sucketh. Hard.

Seth is so different from nolan, I know that should be a no brainer, but it's not. I am constantly puzzled with how to deal with him at bedtime... Nolan always nursed down and used a binky for soothing during the night. Sethy... not so much. Not nursed down, so we started sleep training a few weeks ago... which for the most part is not a problem. the first few weeks actually went really well; we put him down awake and at first he fussed, but it wasn't too bad. He's still swaddled, as I just don't think he's quite ready to lose it yet. Though I have been loosening it a little bit this week in preperation for it to be taken away in the next month or so.

the problem lately is that he will either vehemently protest bedtime (not naptime mind you, just bedtime) to the point where I end up getting him back up ... which in essence defeats the purpose of letting him fuss at all. I just don't want him to be hysterical. He also has a charming new habit of the last few nights of falling asleep and then waking up 1-2 hours later... very unlike him. And very irritating and makes me EVEN more scared for when we put the boys in a room together. That will be happening in a few short months and to put it mildly... I am skeered.

Anyone ever watch supernanny and have a hard time feeling anything but rage toward the kids? the one last night was about toddlers, and I didn't have quite the same rage, though I felt damn overwhelmed for those parents. But in the past few episodes, the children have been older and complete assholes. There was one where the mom hit them a lot and to be honest, damn I can't blame her. Just watching the show I had ZERO empathy towards the kids. that can't be good.

Lastly, tonight when I was changing nolan's diaper he reached down, grabbed his junk and said "PEE PEE". ahh, the pride. lol.

a few more snow pics...















he helps daddy build the base of a snowman



*sniff* he looks like such a big kid here





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment