Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Let's Talk About Sleep

Do you have any extra I might have? Just kidding. Sort of. The first 2 weeks w/ seth we were amazed at how muc the child slept and how different his patterns were from Nolan's. Nolan at that age was up every 2-3 hours to eat and Sethy would sleep 6 hour stretches from the start. I was amazed!

The he woke up. At two weeks he woke up from that sleepiness... and even then he only woke usually anywhere from every 3 hours to every 6 hours. But the catch? He liked his alert time to start around 1-2am. He did that a LOT for the first 8 weeks. I was going crazy... I don't ever remember being that tired in my life before. Because I'd be up for like 3 hours in the middle of the night, fall back asleep for an hour or two and then get up w/ nolan at 6:30. Man, it makes me tired just thinking about it.

Lately he seems to be evening out (knock on wood), but for some reason I cannot get my shit together to be in bed early and am still averaging about 6 hours of sleep a night, which is not cutting it.

We plan to keep Seth in our room until he is 6ish months old. I am going to let Lori and Her Seth borrow our cradle, so he needs to be out of his cradle by march. This will be about the time we put him in Nolan's room and hope for the best. We sleep trained Nolan at 6 mos, so I know we can do it w/ seth too. I do worry about night wakings bothering Nolan, but I am hoping we will just get through it. Nolan cut out his own night feedings by 8 mos old.

Oddly enough I also want to start school in march, so that should be an interesting time to do all of this.

Anyhoo, that's all for now. it's 7:30 and Nolan's been asleep for 12.5 hours... he did wake up a few times last night, poor buddy is just not feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment