Friday, September 01, 2006

Well I had an entry all typed up...

(originally posted 8.29.06)

but my computer ate it. arg. So yeah, Monday was a baaaad day. I think the thing I need to remember is that the bad days really are rare. I think we were both full of doom and gloom on Monday and man... it was just bad. Things are much much better now, am still having some pretty strong braxton hicks... so strong they take my breath away, but nothing regular and they are actually not coming as much as they were over the weekend.

Yesterday I deep cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Today I deep cleaned the fridge, including scrubbing the shelves. I also swept both pantry and kitchen and mopped. I vacuumed the living room and our bedroom, and cleaned the livingroom, made the bed, and have done almost 3 loads of laundry and 2 loads in the dishwasher, and made a dozen banana/choc chip muffins for aaron's lunches.

I also had this urge to go to walmart today and get the last of the stuff we need before the baby comes. Just so I can have peace of mind that things are somewhat settled... more burp cloths, some new pacifiers, gel pads for the first few weeks of nursing... in case I am in pain like I was w/ nolan, a tote/drawer thing to store sleepers, onesies, booties and hats in our bedroom... in case I need them at night and don't want to go busting into nolan's room looking for them in the dark.

I still need to wash the last load of baby stuff and set aside the stuff for my hospital bag (at least I have a list to work off of), need to have Aaron put some shit in storage, and then I can start setting up our bedroom for the baby's arrival. (set up the pack and play/changing table, and pull out the cradle from our closet, set up the swing, etc.)

I've been busy! There's still so much I want to do, but my back is really starting to bug me, so I'm just going to pace myself for the rest of the day.

Nolan is doing great... this kid is STUBBORN... but wants to communicate so bad. He will NOT participate in sign language at all. I've been working on 'more' and 'all done' since April or before, and he just looks at me like I'm nuts. HOWEVER, I do believe we have a first word... not mama or daddy... which he's said, ... but not always w/ meaning, and so very rarely when we ask him to say it. No, he is now saying 'uh-oh' when we ask him to... and seemingly w/ meaning. So I'm counting that as his first word.

But besides speaking, he imitates Aaron and I and as much as it cracks me up, it is maddening because if he does that, why oh why doesn't he imitate sign language or speaking? For example, here is a video of him mimicking me blowing my nose. He totally did this on his own right before I grabbed the camera... it cracked me up! He now does it every time I blow my nose. (Also, when I ask what does Molly say, the noise he is making is a hissing noise). Last night at dinner and today when I was drinking out of my water bottle he stuck his finger in his mouth and sucked on it like a straw... so he's now imitating that. When the phone rings, or when he hears a phone on the tv, he puts his hand to his ear and babbles... that one cracks us up even more because at my parents house they have a speaker phone and it has no receiver to hold at all... yet this kid has figured out that it is indeed a phone. We were over there last week and the phone rang, and he immediately put his hand up to his ear and started babbling...loudly, lol.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing


oh, and for Jane... I actually do have those straps for the sheets from bed bath and beyond, and those fuckers do not stay put for anything. Well, maybe for one night or two. It'll be 2 am and I'll roll over and hear it come undone and my sheet will come off the corner and then I not only want to shove my foot up the idiot's ass who designed our sheets, but the fucker who made those straps. I did see this http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&sku=10834163 though and am thinking of trying that in conjunction w/ the straps though I don't know if it'll help since the sheets are kind of a rayon/satiny feeling. Thanks for the tip though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment