Thursday, September 28, 2006

Finally.

I would have updated sooner, but between numb fingers, hellacious cramps, a sick toddler and getting into the swing of things as a family of 4... I just haven't had time.

We were able to go in on Monday morning as scheduled... I was a bundle of nerves, but the anasthesiologist was WONDERFUL. He totally helped put me at ease, was gentle, numbed the I.V. site, the spinal site etc.

Surgery started around 8am I think, and at 8:17am Seth Aaron Maverick was born!




He was 9lbs 9oz and 21" long... a pound heavier and an inch longer than Nolan... I was beyond surprised. He was also born w/ a head full of dark hair!




and apgars were 8 and 9. Though he did need a bit of oxygen to pink up. He was unnamed until Wednesday afternoon... we just couldn't pick a name... nothing spoke to me. Aaron was very patient. :)







Everything is good... Nolan stayed w/ auntie Lori and uncle Seth at night and was watched by Auntie Karen and Grandpa during the day. He had a rough night on Monday night and on Tuesday when Lori brought him up to visit, he sat w/ me for a good 30 minutes (unheard of)... when they got ready to leave he started to cry (he had been pretty clingy to Aaron... hugging his leg, and such) and I knew he'd had a rough night previously... and when he started to cry, I totally started to cry. It was really rough not having him w/ me. I missed him so much, it was crazy.

Anyhoo, I had no pain w/ my c-section w/ Nolan... this time the pain fairy found me and gave me seconds. Even hopped up on massive IV pain killers... I was in bad shape. Today is the first day I've felt remotely better... I am still swollen, even the lasix didn't work... my hands are completely numb, which is making this entry a real pain in the ass to type up.

Anyway, here are a few pictures... don't have many of Nolan and Seth yet because Nolan's battling a cold and I have kept them apart for that reason.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment