Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday

I know I suck, I rarely update anymore. I feel guilty, but man I feel even more guilty when Nolan is awake and I am wasting time at the computer. I may not be on the floor playing with him constantly, but at least if I'm over on the couch I don't feel like I'm ignoring him either.

Yesterday I got him to take a few steps while only holding one hand of mine, then of course he wised up and dropped to the floor to craw, because hey... it's fast, it's comfortable and the child likes to make me bend over and pick him up.

seriously, it's going to be a long summer. Especially if he decides to take his time in walking, it's getting much harder to take him places by myself. Specifically because I have to carry him and the other little guy and they battle it out for the space I have... which is not much.

It's 6:40 am. I've been up for an hour and I've:

made the bed
unloaded the dishwasher
reloaded it (ok, wasn't much to load, but still, it's done)
emptied the dryer
put the clothes from the washer into the dryer
started another load of laundry
tidied the living room and kitchen
and am now updating. crazy.

I started a new system too, so the housework doesn't feel like it's getting out of control, I made a list of daily chores such as vacuuming the main areas, loading/unloading the dishwasher, tidying the living room and kitchen, do one load of laundry, scrub kitchen table...etc.

Then I do one big chore per day ... on Mondays I clean the master bath, Tuesdays I vacuum the hallways, and bedrooms, Wednesdays I dust, Thursdays I clean teh guest bath, and Fridays I run errands and I can't remember the other thing I do on fridays. It's definitely helping me not feel overwhelmed when it comes to getting housework done.



This pic is for auntie sarah in New York, check out them jammies!



He's going on safari you know



Dining room tables make really good forts



He's also become a one man destruction team. I am currently taking steps to diminish his powers, but he is a determined little hurricane.



"what?"

and these videos I like to call 'the plight of the raisin'...heh, it was his first experience w/ raisins and he was having a heck of a time keeping them in his mouth.


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing



Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing


Also, I kind of think it's the sidebar that's slowing things down, since my pics are fairly small in size... I am hesitant to restrict the number of posts per page... we'll see. anyhoo, let me know if the page loads any faster now, I've edited af ew things.

also, Nolan is perfecting his latest trick... waiting for a nice clean diaper before he takes a big stinky shit. Seriously, GETTING OLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment