Thursday, January 23, 2003

REJOINING THE LAND OF THE LIVING?

I hesitate to tell you this, but... (maybe if I put it in parenthesis and lower caps, the gods of sickness won't hear... i think i may be feeling better.) shhhhhhhh.... knock on wood. I actually just knocked on wood... it's an inherant (sp?) habit I can't kick... well I've never actually tried to kick it, but all the same, hopefully this will continue and I'll be back to my normal self in no time.

Our internet service is down at work, and may possibly not be up until Monday. FUCK! This disturbs me because I have my eyes set on some ebay auctions, that end sometime during the work day tomorrow. Shit. Shit. Shit. I have already sent good thoughts and warm wishes to the Gods of Covad and small business DSL... but I think they've turned on me. I sat on the phone for about an hour with BRAD from our carrier, trying to figure out what the fuck the problem was, BRAD was ever so helpful... but alas, it's not our 'carrier's' problem... it's covad. Of course... God forbid your 'carrier' provide dsl service, instead there is like 3 or 4 different companies involved in making sure my ass can get online... and they are all passing the buck right now. Earthlink says it's Covad's fault, Covad is pointing the finger at Qwest, and Qwest... well they just don't answer the fucking phone, so I guess they are winning thus far. :-)

I was at Costco today, and the guy who I always see there, (he's an employee) he checks off all the receipts to make sure you're not slipping out the door with unpaid for goods... anyway, he looks into my cart and says "68 bucks." My total was actually 69.22 but never the less, I was impressed. It's not like I had a few pricey things in my cart either; they were all office supplies (except for the cat litter, which I will have to deduct from the receipt because Costco doesn't accept VISA... now when did places start denying VISA? .... I digress...) anyway, I had about 10 or 11 different items in my cart, and I gotta say, I thought it was really cool that he could guess almost dead on like that. I get a kick out of stupid little shit like that all the time... like a few years ago, when I met my friends Toni and Sandra at Cucina! Cucina! (incidentally, why the exclamation points?) and our waitress wrote her name in CURSIVE upside down... and did a pretty damn good job. I was enthralled with that for at least an hour ... maybe more.

Have you heard that new song by LL Cool J and J Lo? God, that was hideous to type... anyway, I hate that song. I hate it because it's just catchy and sugary enough that I know it's just a matter of time until I'm downloading it to burn and play over and over till I make everyone sick of it, and I will still be knee deep in the middle of loving it. Man. On the flip side, B2K and P. Diddy have a song out that talks about a girl making her body go bum bum bum... and I LOVE THAT SONG. I do... I'm not ashamed to admit it either....

I told Aaron today I think he's rubbing off on me. :-) I was leaving Costco and noticed a fiero pulling into the parking lot, and actually caught myself taking notice that it was a fiero. Before I met him that never would have happened. :-) Well, I am outta here, just came home on my break to check email and make sure my auctions were doing ok; Aaron says I'm an ebay sniper, because I don't bid until the last minute or two... I'm aware that that makes me somewhat unethical and a total bitch to someone who's trying to win an auction the right way, but do you know how many times I've been screwed out of good stuff by other bastards like me? That said, I admire people who win auctions the right way, like Aaron... I just don't have the faith or patience... maybe that'll start rubbing off on me too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment