Tuesday, October 29, 2002

DETROIT REPRESENT

So, before I go on about the latest release from everyone's favorite Rap artist... I have a confession to make. I was at work this morning, listening to Jackie and Bender in the Morning... which is unusual because Jackie and Amy both have these annoying speech patterns... but that's really not the point. Anyhoo, I was listening and a song came on; with a familiar voice, and I couldn't place it right away. I started humming along to the song thinking to myself "I know I've heard this before..." I kinda liked the song and tried to remember who sang it. It's a female voice... kind of a husky, haunted voice in the beginning of the song. So I'm sitting there humming along, and then it get's to the chorus "... a moment like this..." all of a sudden I realize I actually like the American Idol; Kelly Clarkson's song. On principal; I refused to watch that show... and now, I am dismayed to admit... it's a catchy little tune. Oh the shame.

So, today is October 29th; which means you should drive yourself to your nearest music store, and pick up the soundtrack to the movie 8 mile. Oh would you look at that; as I write this, the song 'Lose Yourself' just came on the radio. It's a sign, I'm telling you. :-) But seriously; I advise you to pick it up. Besides having 3 new songs on it by Eminem himself; there are several other tracks from artists off of Shady Records, as well as some artists not affiliated. I will be purchasing this LONG AWAITED RELEASE (huh ash?) on my lunch break; you can expect a review this afternoon or tommorrow. If 'The Eminem Show' was any indication of where he is headed musically, I am sure I will not be disappointed.

So I went out for a bit with Choni Zipple last night. I miss hanging out with her; when we worked at Southtown we hung out for a couple hours during nap time every day. I forgot how much we used to laugh over our 'family trials and tribulations' as well as just the good ol' gossip. We also comiserated (sp?) over the fact that we are indeed getting older... though she's 30 and I'm not! (haha toni :-)) Both of us have run into some of our former students at the daycare and they are driving... as well as smoking... good God man, you were 11 and a half it seems just yesterday! Perfect example... When I met Toni, her son devante' was in the toddler room, still a baby, still in diapers ... he's in the 4th grade now. Depressing. :-)

I saw an ad for a movie I think I want to see last night; It's a new George Clooney flick... it's called Solaris. The ad I saw touts it as a romantic movie... a man who loses the love of his life; and somehow she comes back from the dead... so I go to one of my favorite sites this morning... The Internet Movie Database and look up Solaris. I read the plotline and it sounds NOTHING LIKE A ROMANTIC MOVIE... so now I'm confused... here's what it said about the plot:

Upon arrival at the space station orbiting an ocean world called Solaris a psychologist discovers that the commander of an expedition to the planet has died mysteriously. Other strange events soon start happening as well, such as the appearance of old acquaintances of the crew, including some who are dead.

So ... I guess we'll see...the movie doesn't open for over a month, but I'll probably still go see it. Afterall, it does star Dr. Ross. :-) Well, I'm outta here... I'll be back later with more on Marshall's new Album ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment