Monday, October 28, 2002

CYNICAL LIBERAL HUMOR

Lori and I went to the Paramount on Saturday night to see Janeane Garofalo perform. Seriously, she is probably my all time favorite stand up comedian. I don't agree with some of what she has to say; basically because I don't consider myself a 'liberal' at all. Though I'm sure my cousin Geary would disagree ;-P But her set is filled with intelligent, acerbic commentary on today's issues as well as a few hilarious comments on Mtv, and the new Christina Aguilera video, and the ever popular George W. I have seen her live twice now; and both times have had the urge upon leaving to broaden my vocabulary. I need to start incorporating better words and phrases... such as paradigm, mortal coil, willy-nilly and the like into my repertoire. Incidentally, for those of you keeping score at home, I may have just used the word repertoire incorrectly... but I digress. :-)

So anyway, the entire point of this entry is that if you have a chance to see Janeane Garofalo perfom live; I strongly suggest you do it. Not only will you walk away laughing, but you will also find yourself contemplating things in a different way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment