Wednesday, October 30, 2002

8 MILE STYLE

Ok, before I gush about the 8 Mile Soundtrack... I have a small confession to make... I have REALLY only listened to the 5 tracks that Eminem himself appears on. I have listened to little bits of the other songs; but just wasn't interested as much in hearing someone named... Rakim sing a song called R.A.K.I.M. So shoot me; I'm biased. Anyhoo... onto my review....

The first track, is the one they've been playing on the radio; it's called Lose Yourself, and is the theme for the movie. Love it. Assuming you've already heard it, I'm going to move on... Track 2 is a song called Love Me by Obie Trice, 50 Cent and Eminem. I also really like this song; the hook is sang by a female who croons "I wanna love you for the rest of my life" and it goes on... very chill song. Track 3 would be the song 8 Mile by Eminem. Very fast paced; written from his character's point of view in the movie. Kind of rough; with a heavy hard core edge to it. Track 6 is called Rap Game by D12. I LOVE THIS SONG. Starts out with a pretty piano melody, then one of the guys from D12 starts in. This is probably my favorite song from the whole album. The last one on the album is called Rabbit run, also by Eminem. If you didn't know, his character in the movie is called 'rabbit' ... that's his stage name I guess. This song is angry, fast and also filled with a hardcore edge. Also written from his character's point of view.

Overall, a good album; too bad it has Macy Gray on it though. Loses a few points for that... much more hardcore and edgy than I anticipated... but it makes sense since the movie is about coming up in the rap game.

So I was reading on one of my many gossip websites yesterday that The Anna Nicole Smith Show has just been renewed for another season. Seriously folks... how sad is that? Have you seen that show? TRAINWRECK. It's almost as sad as it is irritating.

Well, I really don't have much to write about today... life is good and is getting better. Although I gotta say it would be a hell of a lot better if we didn't have daylight savings time. But maybe it'll work out; since I'm kind of a night owl anyway, maybe I'll get to bed at a decent hour, seeing as it feels like midnight at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment