Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Sooky Sooky Now

Man, I've been one busy girl. I guess I should begin by describing last Friday. It was a blast! Bobby, Lori and I went down to Pioneer Square, we met up with some friends of mine from Safeco, John and Christy. We had to walk about a mile into Downtown Seattle, as none of us were driving. I had blisters on my feet by the time we got there. But it was all good. We started out at Doc Maynard's, The Beatniks... Seattle's best band were playing there. We had a few cocktails, listened to some good music, then decided it was dancing time. We headed over to the Bohemian Cafe... I'd never been there before, and didn't know what to expect. We had to stand in line for a bit, but it was all good because we were all on the verge of being wasted. After entering, we had a few more cocktails, and started dancing. The best part about that place, was it wasn't too crowded when we arrived, but filled up pretty quickly. The music was all old school remixes... Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, Bel Biv Devoe, Young MC, Tone Loc... you name it, they played it. John and Christy left shortly before 1 to catch the last ferry home, and we continued dancing until the place closed.

When we left, we realized we didn't have any money for cab fare. Being hammered didn't help our situation any, as we passed a mini mart on our quest to find an ATM. We ended up walking allthe way back to Safeco field, to the 76 station across the street. Lori took her shoes off and went most of the way completely barefoot. I could feel my blisters burning, but didn't much care. When we finally arrived, bobby couldn't remember his code for his card, and we had to try to help him remember. I think that was the only time I've ever seen him drunk. He's so funny. Luckily he remembered and we caught a cab home.

Saturday evening, I went to the Waterland Festival in Des Moines. It's an annual event around Seafair time... a carnival. Years ago, I sold balloons there as my summer job... and ever since I go because I ALWAYS see people I know. Sure enough, I ran into several old classmates, and a few old coworkers. It's always nice to catch up and say hello. That night Lori, Holly, Maria and I went to Louie's and sang karaoke. I didn't drink, as I was driving... and I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO SING either. General rule of thumb is that if you are not a good singer, and not a confident singer... don't sing if you are sober. I always get up and do my thing when I've had at least one cocktail. This time I decided to try a rendition of 'Leader of the Pack'. I was all too aware of how my voice sounded, and it must've cracked about 5 or 6 times in the first line alone. I chock it up to nerves... NEVER AGAIN. If you care what you sound like, then forget it.

I ran into a classmate from Tyee at Waterland, and again that night at Louie's. Apparently he's seen our group there before, singing... making asses of ourselves I'm sure :-) but I've never seen him in there. How unobservant am I? The bar itself is pretty small, and I wouldn't think you'd be able to miss anyone in there... but apparently I have. We are planning another big Louie's blowout in a few weeks. A couple weekends ago we had over 20 of our friends in the bar... it was a total party.

So, I'm working on my book again. I am now editing what I have written... 46 pages thus far. Regular 8.5 by 11 pages, size 10 type, single spaced... I am wondering how many book pages that is... double? I have 22 chapters ... short ones, not sure exactly where I am going to end it... but the fact that I am reading through it now, is a BIG step. I couldn't get through it before without crying... my eyes tear up occasionally now, but I think I've finally passed the stage where I couldn't confront dad's stroke. I think I've finally accepted it. I can sit here and type about it without getting upset. Let's hope this trend continues. It's gotta get easier I would think. The last two years have been hell... it's time to start looking up again.

Holly and I are in the preliminary talks of possibly moving out together next spring. I really hope it works out, I trust Holly and vice versa. Plus I know she's not a psycho and vice versa...

Oh yeah, I got a raise at SAFECO! I now make a dollar fifty more per hour SERVING FRIES than I do at my 'real' job. Is that not the fucking saddest thing you've ever heard? Good God. Oh well, I can feel my sears card shrinking as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment