Monday, July 15, 2002

BACK IN THE DAY AGAIN

Man, what a weekend. I feel 19 again. :-) There is nothing like hanging out with your friends and laughing till your stomach hurts to make you feel years younger. Friday night, I went and worked out with Holly, Lori, and Troy. (I LOVE that we all belong to the same gym!) Anyway, after I pulled a hip muscle, and they were tired of lifting weights, we decided to go to Target and pick up some stuff. Lori and I bought a wedding gift for some friends of ours who are tying the knot this coming Saturday. We dicked around in Target for a while, before realizing we were all starving, and it was almost 10pm. We hurried through the rest of our shopping and tried to make it to Huckleberry (our favorite restaurant) before they closed. We made it with 2 minutes to spare, but they had already shut down.

We looked disgusting. Sweaty hair, workout clothes.. Mine was a trashy vegas tee, lori was wearing a Tyee High School tee with holes in the front, Holly's purple tee had stains on it. No makeup... icky pants... we looked like shit. The only place to go (as we didn't want fast food) was Azteca. I rationalized we probably wouldn't see anyone we knew; it was friday night; we should just go sit in the bar, out of the way, get dinner and it would all be good. Unfortunately I was wrong. I forgot about Karaoke Fridays. The bar was pretty busy, but we managed to snag a booth... but not before noticing I knew a few people who were mingling there. Kevin, a guy I used to work with was there with 3 chicks. (BIG surprise...not), a few parents of daycare kids from back in the day, and the random familiar face. Throughout dinner Holly would laugh out loud, because of our appearance.

Saturday, Holly came over at 10 am, we were going to head down to watch her sister Justine play in the Seattle All City Band in the John Stanford Parade. I couldn't find my wallet or checkbook. I ripped our house apart looking for them for about an hour. Finally I accepted that I must've dropped it in our parking lot the night before, and went to the dmv to get a new license, and the bank to cancel my visa. I was still holding on to the possibility that one of my neighbors might have picked it up. On our way down to the parade, mom called and a neighbor did indeed find it and returned it. (I am going to bake them cookies as a thank you tonight.) We enjoyed the parade, screamed our lungs out for Justine, she did really well. :-)

Saturday night we went down to pioneer square. That's the picture on the front of this website; Me, Holly, and Lori all dolled up ready to cut a rug. Troy drove my dad's wheelchair van with all of us in it; in true ghetto style, we didn't want to pay for cabs, so we drove the mystery machine downtown. the music sucked at every venue, but it was still fun. Laughing at poor Aaron laying drunk off his ass on the pavement was entertainment for everyone.

Sunday I hung out with my sister, and Matt and his soon to be brother in law Eric. That was nice too; we walked the waterfront and drove to alki. We used to do stuff like that all the time, I forgot how funny he is.

It was nice to be reminded of how much fun it is to just kick it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment