Saturday, June 01, 2002

Doctor's Lie

A little warning... I am high on vicoden and Ibuprofen right now... so forgive any typos and runon sentences.

I had my wisdom teeth extracted this morning. I am still kind of surprised I actually went through with it. It was hideous. To make a long drawn out story short, I woke up in the middle of the procedure... to feel my bottom tooth being extracted and ... that was the one they had to dig under my back molar to get. I felt it. I fucking felt it. Then I felt the glory of the stitches being put in... I was so disoriented and freaked out I was yelling... no screaming that I was in pain, and the doctor and her assistants were trying to calm me down and were telling me I couldn't feel anything and that i was just upset... bladdy bladdy bladdy. I was in and out of it, absolutely freaking out. If being calm was a 1 on a scale of one to 10 I was at 30. Had my arms and legs not been tied down, I would have been thrashing about. My sister was in the waiting room and said she could hear me screaming loudly even out there. When I got in the car I said my mouth hurt, and the doctor said I wasnt' in pain. Really? That's fucking amazing. Not only is she a shitty oral surgeon, but she's also a fucking mindreader. JACKPOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment