Saturday, March 02, 2002

WHEN GOOD FRIENDS GO BAD...

Before I go on to the meat and grit of this story, I want to comment on Moulin Rouge. I am watching it right now for the first time, and I must say, what a show. It is quite good, but so sad, and tragic. I am going to have to get the soundtrack. The lavish sets and plotlines are amazing... the amount of thought and detail that went into this film is astounding. I gotta say, I regret not seeing it in a theater on the big screen, where it is clearly perfect.

Ok, onto the grit... Because one of the people I am about to tell you about can be deemed... unnecessarily litigious (I hope I spelled that right,) I will change the names slightly. Most of you already know who I am talking about anyway. So, in my circle of friends, There are two chicks, one is one of my best friends... we'll call her Molly. lol, anyway she had a best friend of like 13 years named... Janice. Well, everyone in our circle gets along, and some people are closer to each other than others. I was not as close to Janice as Molly... Janice kept herself somewhat guarded, often moody and too quick to jump to conclusions and be defensive. She doesn't know how to disagree without having it escalate to uncomfortable proportions. Anyway, we have had our own problems over the years. I won't go into all that, gotta save something for my tell all book when I'm big and famous.

Anyway, so Molly and Janice lived together, hung out together, even worked together once in a while. They were inseperable, a package deal. A situation some of us in the circle came to learn to deal with. For the most part Janice was likeable. We eventually all melded into a strong unit of friendship. Well, over the last year or so, everytime we as a group would go out and party, at the end of the night there would usually be tears and an altercation involving Janice. Usually she instigated a fight with Molly. It got to the point where we would sort of joke about it but still it would end up happening. Eventually it got to the point where she was mad at me for being drunk and loud in the cab on the way home from pioneer square. Molly stuck up for me, and by the time we got back to their house, Janice was in a full blown rage and ended up trying to lock Molly and I out of the apartment. Molly put her foot in the door, and Janice shoved her. She went over the line that time. But Molly, not wanting to have a big messy fight, dealt with it delicately. Unfortunately, Janice doesn't respond to delicacy.

This brings us to Thanksgiving weekend. I should mention that Janice's family backround isn't very stellar, and thus since she and Molly were always inseperable, she became a fixture at Molly's family gatherings. Well, every year at Thanksgiving, Molly and her mom and siblings and Janice would go out of town to a cabin, and celebrate the holiday there. This particular turkey day, some friends of Molly's mom went along for the trip and they were all enjoying cocktails and a hot tub that Friday night. Molly thought she would be funny and decided to lock the door to the cabin, as a joke. Janice didn't find it so funny, though for the most part was laughing and playing along. All of a sudden Molly heard Janice say "If she doesn't open the door soon, I'm going to beat her ass." Molly would tell me later that she wasn't about to open the door when she heard that. I told her that spoke volumes about their relationship. Anyway, to make an excruciatingly long story short, Molly finally let Janice in only after she attempted to climb up some rockery on the other side of the cabin to the terrace, and fell about 7 feet. Janice was pissed. Understandably, but it doesn't end there. Molly was inside when Janice came in, grumbling about the whole situation, flinging insults and being a big freakin crybaby. Molly told her to knock it off, cry me a river etc, etc. Then Molly was outside standing with her back to the sliding door. She was talking to her mom and their friend who were both in the hot tub. Molly heard the door behind her open and all of a sudden there was shouting and Janice hauled off and punched her in the face. Molly's mom jumped out of the hot tub and slammed Janice to the ground. (who by the way was still holding onto and stretching out Molly's shirt.) She was in attack mode and was doing her best to kick, claw, hit, punch and scratch Molly. Molly's mom tried to calm Janice down, but she was freaking out. Screaming that Molly had hit her in the house and hit her at other times in the past... completely out of control. Finally when she was subdued, she got up and packed up her stuff and took off. Not before ruining a few articles of clothing of Molly's. Anyway, Janice paid a cab to drive her all the way back to Seattle (about 200 miles). Molly and Janice have still not spoken since that night, and Janice has gone around telling people that while Molly's mom held her down, Molly kicked her repeatedly in the crotch.

I've said it before and I've said it again, there are many things I can believe about people, but Molly kicking her in the crotch is not one of them. Anyway, most of us have cut our ties with Janice, because she truly is an unbalanced and unstable person, and this episode just confirms it. The funny part is though, now that Molly is moved out and has cut all ties, Janice is trying to sue Molly on Judge Judy. How trashy and sad can you be. Good lord, people never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment