Friday, November 23, 2001

Sick, Sick, Sick

Man, everyone here is Sick... with the exception of Myself and our new kitten Asa. My mom, dad, and Lori seem to be at the end of their colds; but post nasal drip is wreaking major havoc. I woke up at midnight last night, to Lori's coughing. I got her some water and she took some medicine and finally quit coughing. About an hour later, I could hear my mom hacking up a lung on her way to the living room; then about an hour after that I woke up to dad coughing.... only when dad coughs it sounds like he's trying to break a rib. And it goes on, and on, and on. He must've coughed for 45 minutes. Finally the cough syrup took effect and we all fell back to sleep. Then around 5am, I woke up to dad's coughing again, this time it went on at least an hour, and was almost non-stop. This is of course after, I was up the night before a few times, with Ben (our older cat), who has not been feeling well; he was vomiting. You know life is good when you are cleaning up cat puke at 3am, followed by gloving up and force feeding the poor animal hairball treatment. Aaahh, piece of cake.

Well, turkey day almost didn't happen for us... we were set to go up to Granite Falls and planned to get up early to get ready, but everyone else had been up all night coughing. Mom and dad finally decided they didn't want to deal with the coughing and stuff up there; but if Lori and I stayed at home, there would be no thanksgiving. So we himmed and hahhed a little bit and decided we would just go up. We didn't want to spend the day chillin at home. It was nice, we played with out cousins all day, and giggled during the dinner prayer. Sang old eighties rock on the way home, and basically, just had a nice day.

I woke up early today and went to the Fred Meyer five hour sale. I am about three quarters of the way done on my shopping ... not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment