Monday, August 13, 2001

WHY I IDENTIFY WITH THE SOUP NAZI

I always considered myself a "people person"... that is until I started working in customer service. Especially since I have started working at the Garlic Fries stand at Safeco Field. It's not so bad when the people who irritate you aren't standing in front of you; but when they are, there are certain moments (for everyone, whether they want to acknowledge it or not) when they want to reach across the countertop and strangle the offending customer. The people who tend to drive me up the wall are your run of the mill ...john and jane doe's. It has occurred to me, that I very much identify with "The Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld. I share his hostility for customers who are completely ignorant to the basic protocol for ordering and paying for food. I mean seriously, how hard is it to follow the basic guidelines? Sometimes I really wish I could slam down my hand on the counter and scream into someone's unsuspecting face: NO FRIES FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment